(erielack) Denville

> > Also I wonder if the Boonton Line Flyover was built as part =

> > of the East
> > Main Steet/Tabor Road grade separation project in 1907.
> =

> Could very well have been.... not sure, but it makes sense.
> =

> 	- Paul "Boonton Line guy"

No, if you mean the concrete structure north of the remaining Boonton Lin=
track.  That dates from the 1920's when the double track bridge over 53 w=
as
built and the line expanded to 4 tracks for most of its length.  There is=
builder's plate on that bridge, unlike the single track bridge removed in=

August this year - that one was from 1907, as was the other single track
bridge which used to be north of it and was removed in the early 1970's.

The grade separation of the Boonton Line over Main Street was the result =
of
the construction of the Morris County Traction Company's trolley line; co=
st
was shared by them, the DLW and Denville.

Gary Kazin
Rockaway, New Jersey

New Jersey Transit - THE WAY TO GO!!!

(I have no affiliation with New Jersey Transit.)

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webm=
ail.netscape.com.