(erielack) DL&W USRA double-sheathed boxcar with Phoebe Snow lettering (fwd)

REceived this on my site. Any answers?

George Elwood
http://www.dnaco.net/~gelwood

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:30:50 -0400
From: Barbara Wagner <abcwagner_@_gis.net>
To: gelwood_@_dnaco.net, swagner@law.harvard.edu
Subject: DL&W USRA double-sheathed boxcar with Phoebe Snow lettering

August 20, 2001

Dear George,

Because I'm typing this on my wife's computer at home, it'll look as if
it's from her, but it's really from me, Steve Wagner.

A dearth of customers Saturday morning at the train shop where I work a
few hours each month allowed me for the first time really to watch
"Boston & Maine in the Four Seasons, Volume 2", an excellent video from
Herron based on 16 mm. films shot by Stanley Y. Whitney between 1946 and
1951.  One sequence shows a 17-car "high car" freight at Wakefield,
Mass.  John Nehrich has noted at the RPI club's website that some
Lackawanna experts have maintained that the line never applied the
Phoebe Snow slogan to its USRA boxcars as Ertl and Accurail have on
their HO models.  Well, after about five viewings of that footage I'm
convinced that the third car in the train certainly looks like a USRA
double-sheathed boxcar complete with the billboard Phoebe lettering; if
it's not a USRA car it's certainly close enough to make me content with
my Ertl model!

 The car had wood sides with no signs of any truss work, a wooden
door, and a metal end entirely consistent with that of a USRA boxcar
(though I could only see the leftmost part of it.)

Steve Wagner