From: RJS [mailto:rjs_@_athenet.net]
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2002 8:35 AM
To: paultup_@_optonline.net
Subject: EL SDP45 to be auctioned July 11

Mr. Tupaczewski-

My name is Bob Schoneman, I live in Appleton, WI. I used to live in
Ridgewood, NJ so the EL is of interest to me.

I wonder if you can assist. The following came out Sunday, AM and I am
fwding this on to anyone who might have interest in this.

A more detailed list can be found on the CN's web site at
  http://www.cn.ca/PDF/auction07112002.pdf

  This requires Acrobat Reader.

> Looks like the CN is beginning the disposal of WC units.
  >
  > CN planning to auction surplus WC locomotives
  >
  > Canadian National is planning to auction 53 surplus locomotives at
9:00 AM
  on July 11th, at its Woodcrest Shop in Homewood, IL. Blackmon
Auctions, Inc.
  will be handling the auction.

  > The following is the list of locomotives to be auctioned by road
number
  and model. All of the locomotives are Wisconsin Central units.

WC SDP45 6634

The funeral train went south yesterday out of Fond du Lac, WI to CN-IC
Markham yard in IL.  The unit is in great shape body wise, it has been
stored for about a year almost. Crankshaft failure, if I remember
correctly.

With the glut of second hand units on the US railway system, these
should go cheap. It is still a 20 cyl unit, last one of it's kind.

If you could pass this one on, maybe somebody might have an ear. I hate
to see this scrapped.

Thanks for your attention.

Bob Schoneman

RJS_@_ATHENET.NET

- --Boundary_(ID_lctm00NJ8xxX4hUxPVj6jw)