From: Schuyler G Larrabee
Date: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 21:02:17
To: Joshua K. Blay; erielack_@_railfan.net
Subject: Re: (erielack) Re: "Remembering the 801"

Eeeh, I hate to bring this up, but I believe that 801,802, and 803 all ha
the L window >originally< when they were EMD demonstrators. The D&H was s
hard up for power that when they arrived on the property, they more-or-le
ss
(mostly less) ran the guys from EMD off the property and said "You can't
have them back, we need them, send us the bill!" After all, D&H was a
completely ALCo road, seein's'how ALCo was on their own line.

EMD was touting the L as a big safety improvement, so I'd bet that they w
ere
all the same at the >very< beginning.

SGL