Re: (erielack) Stolen RS 3 Horns

In a message dated 7/3/02 11:20:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
doubletrack_@_comcast.net writes:

> "David J. Monte Verde" wrote:
>
>  > Gentlemen: I echo this wholeheartedly, I would hate to see railfans
>  > banished from the D-L and other GVT properties.

I'm not sure that anyone who would take a set of horns off a working
locomotive would be on this list, or be one of the social railfans.  A note
in Railpace would reach a wider audience.

Up there in coal country, though, it may not have been a railfan.  I remember
that UP had an APB out on railfans in the Central Valley over the theft of
air horns, and it spent huge bucks trying to catch them. When they did, the
culprits turned out to be the truckers who liked big, guady things on their
rigs.

                     ....Mike