(erielack) Re: Stolen RS 3 Horns

> Gentlemen: I echo this wholeheartedly, I would hate to see railfans
> banished from the D-L and other GVT properties.

If this is the work of truckers, a group that is responsible for 95% of stolen loco horns
nowadays (for use on their big rigs), then perhaps you need to address the issue with
railfans in a less threatening way to get results.

I'm sure the trucker thief didn't care less whether it was attached to a historical
piece of equipment or not.

I do recall earlier this year that the folks on Trainorders noticed some guy selling
6 or 7 horns on E-bay.  They turned it over to BNSF police on account of the color of
paint that was on one of the horns, which allowed BNSF police to arrest a dump truck
driver in Tacoma WA who was stealing and selling loco horns to truckers.  BNSF police
interacted with the railfan forum in a non-threating way, which got them results.