Re: (erielack) Rahway Valley

PlacesNamed.com shows Roselle Park at 85 feet; Newark 95 feet; Summit 388 feet.

>I was bemused to find, upon investigation, the the Rahway Valley is only 7
miles long.  I forgot that Roselle Park and Summit are that close to each
other.

>Then it struck me -- Summit is called "Summit" for a reason.  The Lacawanna
takes about 13 miles to climb from Newark to Summit.  The Rahway Valley runs
pretty much flat from Roselle Park to well beyond Kenilworth, thens climbs for
maybe the last couple of miles to Summit.