RE: (erielack) Jamestown

Hi Schuyler, I was just in Jamestown last week. I did not see this building. The Erie Station I saw was on street level. But the street was 20 to 30 feet higher than the tracks below. My camera went "bad order". So I couldn't take any pictures. But my friend did get some. I will try to send them out when I can. The station building is locked up. With notices of, I think condemnation on the locked front doors. There's a new building being completed accross the street from it. I don't think they want this eyesore from the past there anymore. Of course, I thought it was a neat building. I rode past it many times on the train. But never was able to go up and inside. Too bad, some of the 15% ticket taxes 1945 to 1965 weren't used for trains. We'd still have our Lake Cites. ........Lackawanna Lance

"Schuyler G Larrabee" <sgl2_@_ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>http://www.dnaco.net/~gelwood/sat/erie-jamsta-alb.jpg
>
>Is this building still there?
>
>SGL