(erielack) EL 833/CR 4022

And for the last in my "train" of questions:

When I read Dan Cupper's article from the 1984 Trains issue on E8 833/CR 4022, he stated that it was rebuilt with two Vapor model 4725 steam generators, in PRR style (whereas the untit had one Model 4740 from its construction).

Well, in looking at shots of E-units, I noticed that the new/current arrangement on the 4022 resembles that which I've seen on former NYC E8 units (with the rooftop fittings closer to the sides of the engine), whereas the Pennsy units had the fittings splitting the unit's centerline next to each other (a la the CB&Q).

So, did the 4022 recieve steam generators from a former NYC unit, or have I taken foaming to new highs?

Thanks,

Phil Bell
ELRRco_@_AOL.com