RE: (erielack) Questions re: Transfer cabeese

Tony,

>   Schuyler, a careful look at the N&W model (and/or plans) show some
> differences between the N&W and EL versions, mostly in the
> side frames and
> deck.  So the Custom Brass version isn't exactly right for
> the EL.

I actually started working on an article on the T-series hacks with Tim Costello, but time constraints for both of us have temporarily put it on the back burner. The main differences are indeed the deck and the side sills (which are the most obvious difference). The actual "box" on the deck is identical.

> Still would like to know how they were
> used.  Croxton
> to Paterson???

Me too! I have shots of T-series hacks in Croxton, Newark (on the Newark Branch), and Suffern (on what appears to be a work train). My thoughts on this:

Steve Timko's earlier comments about the crews shunning these cars seem to bear some of this out, too.

	- Paul