(erielack) Back to our regularly-scheduled EL program... SLUGS

Folks,

	Does anyone know the complete histories of the three EL slugs (in terms of usage, locations, etc?)

	B25 was the one rebuilt from Erie boxcab #25, and I don't think it ever got repainted EL. I believe it worked at Marion, and was retired sometime in the late 1960s (anyone got specifics?)

	B65 was rebuilt from an Erie 6-axle Baldwin in 1965 (the story goes, that's why it has that number!). I know I've seen photos of it in Gang Mills and Scranton, but it primarily worked Port Jervis? Does anyone have a list of locations/dates it worked there?

	B66 was rebuilt from an Erie 4-axle Baldwin in 1966 (hence the number). I've seen photos of it in Marion, but it worked most of its life in Croxton.

	It would appear, from photographic evidence, that both were out of service and stored in Croxton prior to the end of the EL. Did these slugs work out as the road had hoped? CR kept them there until ~1978 when they were scrapped.

	Any info would be greatly appreciated!

	- Paul

Paul R. Tupaczewski_______________________
Lucent Technologies
Mobility Solutions                              Phone: 973-386-4966
MASD Innovations                                Fax: 973-386-4147
67 Whippany Road, Room 15D-116
Whippany, NJ 07981