Re: (erielack) Back to our regularly-scheduled EL program... SLUGS

Only EL slug I know was the RFE in Binghamton in the mid-60s..Sammy Miller.
Working there was like the Bataan death march. I'd had a clean record from
1959 to 1966 in Youngstown, Scranton, & Hoboken & all of a sudden 4
investigations in 1 year for 'missing calls'. I thought I was losing my
mind...was I in the wrong? I spoke to his secretary, Joyce, who had to type
up all the hearings & she said "Oh. no, Walt, he's already had 270 hearings
this year". I said there weren't that many days in the year yet & she told me
"Sometimes he has 2 a day....1 in the morning & 1 in the afternoon".  At this
point in time, my timebook showed that many of the weeks when I'd 'missed
calls' I had actually worked 7,8, & one week 10 jobs by doubling IE working
two 8 hour shifts in a 24 hr period. I heard that Sammy disliked the DL men,
so this was his way of getting even (he was former ERIE.)  ME TOO. This made
me resign in 1971 & hire out on the old Auto-Train.......good thing too
considering what happened to the poor old EL.
Regards, Walter E. Smith