RE: (erielack) DL&W RS3 make-up oil tanks

 The Smokey Valley sets include the wire for the handrails.  They also put
out a set for RS-2s.  It think some of the original Stewart "flat cast"
RS-3 kits had the screened louvers.

Tim Costello sent me some of the Alco nose mu plugs and PA/RS louvers that
ELHS has done for the society.  I'm putting these together now, after a
long summer trip plus teaching a summer session with the intent of doing
the instructions  One has to watch carefully with regard to placement of
the louvers on the RS units and louvers.  The 900 series (including RS-2s)
seem to have standard placement with four louvers per side.  The only unit
that I have pictures of both sides for is 932.  On the 1000 freight RS
units there seems to be a good bit of variability and some have additional
smaller louvers.  Joe Jordan will be posting pictures of unpainted units so
all can see how these detail parts were added.

Tony Horn
ELHS #2

stanchions - with some wire, they're pretty simple to do.

> The harder question is: How do you model the later DL&W RS3s with the
screened openings in the hood doors?

> (see: http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/el/loco/dlw914s.jpg)
>
> 	- Paul

- --- William Horn