Re: (erielack) Erie head-end cars

Dear Andy,
...commercially available, affordable, Erie head end--boxcars...?

By "commercially available" I would assume you include plastic and resin
kits.  By affordable, I assume you mean the same.

The Erie Lackawanna Historical Society has a number of head end cars that can
be built and painted.
Nearest thing to a "box car" is the Erie sliding door steel milk cars, but
there is evidence that several of these never made it into 2-tone green.
As a matter of fact, I do not have any photos in print registered listing a
2-tone green boxcar as an express boxcar. I am away from my books for a few
days, so I do not know about the where they may be in any of Larry DeYoung's
books.

But your question related to models.  I have not seen any in the last 10
years as ready-to-run Erie 2-tone box cars, if that is what you want.

Walthers had some REA reefers out recently that I have spied on the head end
of some Erie trains.  And there has been a wide assortment of other company
refrigerator cars, and a few milk cars.

I did a quick look on George Elwoods web site, and did not find any (2-tone
box cars). I will look again when I get to my books.
Howard Haines
ELHS #1447

End of EL List Daily V3 #1216