RE: (erielack) Article on Erie's 28th Street yard

For those of you really interested in Erie RR operations.  The Rail Marine
Information Group has a web site and an Index of their issues here:

http://www.trainweb.org/rmig/index_2002_11.htm

you can also get back issues it looks like.  I am not affiliated with the
Rail Marine Information Group, FYI.

Mike Riley

>The current issue of the Rail-Marine Information
>Group's Transfer has a 10 page article by Tom Flagg
>and Vincent Lee on the Erie's car float yard at 28th
>Street in NYC.  Lots of photos and maps.  What I found
>interesting is that the entire facility could be
>modeled in HO in about 9 X 2 feet!  It appears this
>was a busy operation right up to the end in 1975.
>
>Tim

Fast. Reliable. Get MSN 9 Dial-up - 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time Offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/