Re: (erielack) New Decal Announcements, plus a FREE offer!

In a message dated 3/18/2004 11:16:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
paultup_@_optonline.net writes:
* FREE OFFER! *

As my "spirit of DL&W goodwill" gesture, I also have the artwork for
DL&W MOW trucks, but alas, the lettering would drop out in the screening
process used to print the decals. However, my Alps printer can print
this in enough detail to make it workable for an HO scale vehicle (not
sure about "N" though!)

I will gladly provide anyone who sends me a self-addressed, stamped
envelope (SSAE) with up to 3 sets of these decals (please specify number
and scale). In HO scale, they fit quite nicely on the Busch models
Chevrolet pick-up truck. Other scales - well, that's YOUR
responsibility! :)

The artwork is attached. Send your SSAE's to:

    Paul R. Tupaczewski
    Attn: DL&W MOW truck decals
    50 Livingston Avenue
    Dover, NJ 07801-5412

Enjoy!

    - Paul
For those wishing to take Paul up on his generous free offer on the Chevrolet
pick up door emblems to fit Busch 1/2 ton models, here are some accurate
numbers for those of you into accuracy.  The body style use on the Busch model is
basically, with a few very minor changes, good for vehicles 1947 to 1953. The
Busch model is correct for 1949 with no side vent window, side cowl on the
drivers side, and two piece windshield. My records only go up to 1951 but there
were additional Chevy 1/2 tons purchased in 1952 and 1953.  I believe the 205
truck was one of those.    Anyway, here's what I can offer.

#  14  1947    B&B    Dept                 assigned to       Dover
#  19  1947   Signal   Dept                      "       "         Hoboken
#  50  1947   Communications Dept        "        "         Hoboken
#  85  1949          "                  "             "        "        Summit
#  87  1949         "                   "            "         "
Hoboken
# 132 1949   Signal    Dept                    "         "         Washington
# 133 1949   Signal    Dept                   "          "         Netcong.
( Proto type  now
                                                          residing at  807
Park Rd, Parsippany NJ  :)
# 139 1950  Signal     Dept               assigned to        Portland
# 140 1950  Signal     Dept               assigned to        Chenango Forks.
# 141 1950  Signal     Dept               assigned to        Waverly
# 154 1951  Signal     Dept               assigned to        Summit

The Lackawanna had many additional Chevy trucks, but most were of the 3/4
ton, 1 ton, or 2 ton variety.

Happy Modeling
Bob Bahrs

PS.  Oh yea, and they were all delivered in Gloss Paint. :)