RE: (erielack) Mystery of the D&H SD45s...

Brian,

> The three units 801, 802, and 803 were swapped back to D&H
> prior to April 1. The units were in service on the D&H
> working one of the four trains (NE87, NE84, CX1 ?, XC2 ?)
> that LV and D&H had run through agreements on between
> Mechancville NY and Bethlehem PA.

Thanks! That makes sense now (also thanks to Al and Bruce for their similar responses)

> The EL recieved the U33c
> back at the same time and I believe all three were reapinted.
> I recall seeing one of the U33c repainted in GMY still
> sporting the nose light applied while it was on the D&H.

3301 came back with the nose light (red/white lenses). All three did get repainted, and due to their short lifespan, photos of these units (both before and after D&H) are relatively rare.The returned units were all easily identified by square font numberboards, quite a bit different from the standard GE ones.

	- Paul