(erielack) NY&NJ . . . Or . . . NJ&NY?

Earlier today I wrote:

"The reference to the New York & New Jersey I came
across is in "Rails Under the Mighty Hudson,"
Brian Cudahy's book about the H&M (and other
things).  In there it says that William G McAdoo
was President of the NY & NJ.  Of course, this
morning I can't find the page reference, sorry."

And I still can't, having looked through the book
three times today.  Now, it WAS late last night
when I saw that, and I don't >>think<< I made it
up, but OTOH, I can't find it either . . . After
seeing that I got out my copy of The Erie System,
which for those who might not know, is an Erie
Railroad-published book, mostly for legal types,
that gives the detailed legal (and sometimes
financial) history of the constituent parts of the
Erie, and looked for New York & New Jersey, to no
avail.

Now I'm pretty exasperated with myself for not
being able to find what I saw last night . . .

Or at least, what I THINK I saw . . .

SGL