Re: (erielack) [ELHS] Stop the Hostile take over (bogus subject warning!)

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 EL3673_@_aol.com wrote:

> I'm tired of the way this is being approached.  This hostile attack is a very
> unprofessional approach.  If you want the backing of the membership conduct
> yourselves in an appropriate manner.  If you can't do that then let those of us
> who can approach the board to make changes.  At Jamestown I spoke against the
> changes because I felt they wern't being handled properly.  However, I feel
> certain changes need to be made to this society.

Chris et al,

This is something which bothers me a lot. There have been a few passionate
posters on this subject which might have been viewed by others as hostile, but
tarring everyone who believes changes are needed with that same brush as the
few who have been unusually outspooken or colorful with their phrasing is an
even bigger problem in my eyes. This is not a hostile takeover attempt or some
kind of power play, this is tremendous concern over extremely important real
and perceived problems which should be taken very seriously. From all outward
appearances, this concern doesn't appear to have been taken seriously by
those who matter the most, the ELHS board. This is about a lot more then
member representation on the board. It must be because we have found out that
we aren't even members nor are we desired to be members! The only "society"
within the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society is the board itself and that
makes it a 100% closed "society."  That revelation alone is absolutely HUGE!

If asking honest questions is hostile then go ahead and brush me with that
tar. The discussion for the past few months has made it plain as day that
there are a number of issues which cannot be ignored if the ELHS is to
prosper in the future. They are to be ignored at our own peril.

The ELHS Elections Proposal Co-Sponsors have presented a proposal to the
membership in the only way which is practical and that proposal took quite a
bit of time to craft. We have respectfully asked questions of the board and
paitiently waited for answers, many of which have yet to be answered. Time and
time again this issue has been short shrifted or outright ignored, how
exactly should we handle anything more properly when our questions are simply
ignored by those in the know?

Honestly, it feels like those in the powers that be are whispering to each
other "Don't bother answering, they'll go away."

> So I say this to all members of the board,  If these accusations I've ben
> reading about are true do the right thing and let changes be made so that this
> society does not fall apart.  To all those making accusations, I hope you handle
> this in the appropreate manner and form a by laws committee to review and
> make changes properly.  Why do al this you might ask yourself.  So that members
> like myself that never saw the EL can through the society see it through your
> eyes and through your experiances so this great railroad will never be
> forgotten.

I have seen many questions, not accusations, please don't try to make this
into something which it isn't. The perception of hostility has been elevated
because of such phrasing.

How can we form a committee when we aren't even members? We can do nothing
without the blessing of the board and it been made plain as day to me in so
many ways that no blessing of substance will be forthcoming.

I don't want to be a subscriber, I want to be a member, is that really so
wrong?

Henry - ELHS Wannabe-Member-But-Only-Subscriber #2684

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services