(erielack) another cool Erie "artifact" > Kinzua Bidge 45

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the following URL into your web browser:

http://www.Railfan.net/lists/listthumb.cgi?erielack-12-16-04

kinzua.jpg (image/jpeg, 92766 bytes)

I'm not sure where I got this record. My wife and I went on the Knox &
Kane caboose trip a few years ago, long before the bridge's demise. It
was awesome! If they are still doing it, I highly recommend it, even
though the bridge is a sadly gone.

Anyway, I know I did not buy this record at the gift shop there, so I'm
not sure where I got it.

It's a 45 RPM record by Stan Austin, released in 1982 for the 100th
anniversary of the bridge. Note the very cool 100th anniversary logo on
the label! The song is kind of standard country, with a neat little
guitar intro.

Anyone ever seen this before? Anyone know Stan Austin? I'm trying to
figure out how to make an mp3 or something out of the record so Paul can
post that someplace. In the meantime,here are the lyrics:

Verse:

Among the valleys
In Northern Pennsylvania
20 miles from the Kinzua Dam
In just three months
They built a wonder
The wonder was that mighty railroad span

Chorus:

The Kinzua Bridge (The Kinzua Bridge!)
Something to behold
Built about a hundred years ago
The Kinzua Bridge (The Kinzua Bridge!)
There for all to see
It’s become a part of our history

Bridge: (no pun intended)

You’ve got the golden gate bridge in Frisco
Chattanooga in Tennessee
The Rainbow Bridge in Canada
The Brooklyn Bridge in New York Ci-ty
You’ve got the Yorktown in Virginia