Re: (erielack) December calendar photo...

The tracks to the right of the photo are, indeed, the interchange yard
between the EL and the PRR.  There were a total four tracks.  They were
taken out, circa Summer of 1982, when the tower was removed and a lot of the
trackage in that area was re-arranged.

Regarding models:  Depending on the level of detail that you prefer, AHM
used to market a plastic kit that was a fairly good approximation of X
Tower.  I don't know whether it is still available, or not.

Also, this photo appears in one of DeYoung's EL in color books.  In his
book, as well as on the calendar, I noticed that the maroon stripe on the
third unit seems to be, well, more *maroon* than the other two.  Does
anybody else see this?  I was wondering why, if they are actually
consecutively numbered units, that the paint would look so different on one
of them.  Did the paint mix guys at LaGrange have a bad day or something?

Happy Holidays to all,

John R.

	The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List
	Sponsored by the ELH&TS