From: "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject: RE: (erielack) Modern Era Erie Lackawanna Power

Brad Butcher asked:

> Another interesting question would be "would EL purchase more
> B-B power?" after the 45's. GP38-2's and U23B's not withstanding.

Well, we can look once again to today's modern railroads. Most likely EL
would have stuck with 6-axle units for road freights (note that the last
major purchases of 4-axle units was in 1989 by ATSF, who then switched to
all 6-axle units) - 4-axle units don't have the tractive effort that
six-axle units do, and with the hills on the east end, you needed that
tractive effort.

	The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List
	http://EL-List.railfan.net/