From: Gary Stemen gary_stemen AT yahoo DOT com
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 04:58:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: D & M Depot (Turtle Line), Long Lake, Michigan
"Depot1.jpg" - image/jpeg, 2806x1845 (24bit)
To whom it may concern:
This depot has been heavily altered, serving during it's life as a restaurant and later the home of the "60 Lakes Club". Located in the village of Long Lake, 48743 it has recently been purchased by private individuals but no plans for the structure have been announced.
There is some effort in the local community to preserve this building, as it is the oldest standing structure of historical interest in the area.
Attached photos were taken in 2009, scanned postcard c 1910. Note the difference in relative height from ground between the postcard and the current photos.
Plainfield Township Historical Commission