(erielack) FW: DL&W passenger cars

- -----Original Message-----
From: Robert Gross [mailto:betazeta144_@_yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2002 4:21 PM
To: erielack-owner_@_lists.Railfan.net
Subject: DL&W passenger cars

I am not sure how to post to the EL forum. Could you please post this
for me in case I am doing it wrong? thank you.

In Tabor's DLW In the 20th Century Part 1 on page 171 there is a
brakdown of passenger cars that each train was equipped with from 1950.
Sadly there are a few that are not shown or discussed in the Erie/DLW or
EL freight and passenger car books. I was hoping someone could shed some
light on them.

The westward Phoebe has a Diner, Buffet-Lounge and a Club-Diner-Lounge.
What is the difference? Were any heavyweights? Were any painted Green?
Where would I find a photo of the latter two? One of the cars listed
that goes through to Chicago is No. L-30. Is that an NKP car?

The Twilight is said to have a 10-3 Sleeper. Is that a heavyweight? was
it GMY or Green? Where can I find a photo? One of the cars listed that
goes through to Detriot is No. L-50. Is that an NKP car?

The Owl is said to have used a 10-2 Pullman. it is referred to as car
152. Is that a heavyweight? was it GMY or Green? Where can I find a
photo? It is also said to have a 12 section pullman. Is that a
heavyweight? was it GMY or Green? Where can I find a photo?

It also has a Diner-Lounge. Is that different from the Phoebe's (as
listed above) Diner, Buffet-Lounge and a Club-Diner-Lounge. Is that a
heavyweight? was it GMY or Green? Where can I find a photo?

The (WB) Interstate express is said to have had a Parlor-Dining-Lounge.
Is that different from the Phoebe's (as listed above) Diner,
Buffet-Lounge and a Club-Diner-Lounge and also the Diner-Lounge from the
Owl? Is that a heavyweight? was it GMY or Green? Where can I find a
photo? Did that have a B&O car (No. 36 from Washington)? Or was that a
DLW car?

What is the difference between a regular coach and a Reclining Seat
Coach. Both are listed in the Interstate Express. Is one the 301 series
and the other the 246 Series?

The Pocono Express also makes reference to the 10-3 sleepers so it can't
just be a typo.

There is a 10-2 Pullman listed in the New Yorker, car 85. Is that a
heavyweight? was it GMY or Green? Where can I find a photo?

The New York Mail also has a Club-Diner-Lounge.

The (EB) Interstate Express: Did that have a CRR of Pa car (No. 306)? Or
was that a DLW car?

I would appreciate all the help you can give me.

Thank you very much.

Robert Gross

  _____

Do You Yahoo!?
Sign-up
<http://rd.yahoo.com/welcome/*http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/fc/en/spl>
for Video Highlights of 2002 FIFA World Cup