Re: (erielack) Commuter trains id'ed by marker lights (was Photo for You)

If memory serves me correctly, yellow lights were NJ & NY/Pascack Valley,
blue were Northern Branch, red were Greenwood Lake, and white was Main
Line.  There was one line that had 2 colored and one white, but I can't
remember which one that it was.

Ken B.

At 09:16 AM 7/1/02 -0400, Dale Madison wrote:

>>From: intercityrailpal_@_netscape.net
>>Subject: Re: (erielack) Photo for You!
>>
>>Hi George...I know someone on the list can help us with your question. My
>>answer is Yes. The color lights did mean something. The lights lined up
>>with the lights on the timetable.(They were advertised on the front of
>>some of the timetables.) Example: I think red was the Boonton line. White
>>was the Lackawanna mainline. I don't remember the details. Someone with
>>more information please write...I would like to know the whole story on
>>these lights too!..........Lance
>
>Oh my!  Another memory stirred!  As a former timetable collector (what
>timetables are there to collect now?), I remember looking at the EL
>commuter ones and thinking "umm, lights to indicate which train went
>where?"  Neat idea.  Better than trying to read destination signs in the dark.
>
>Thanks for resurrecting another forgotten tidbit.
>

>Dale

End of EL List Daily V3 #604