(erielack) Commuter trains id'ed by marker lights (was Photo for You)

>From: intercityrailpal_@_netscape.net
>Subject: Re: (erielack) Photo for You!
>
>Hi George...I know someone on the list can help us with your question. My
>answer is Yes. The color lights did mean something. The lights lined up
>with the lights on the timetable.(They were advertised on the front of
>some of the timetables.) Example: I think red was the Boonton line. White
>was the Lackawanna mainline. I don't remember the details. Someone with
>more information please write...I would like to know the whole story on
>these lights too!..........Lance

Oh my!  Another memory stirred!  As a former timetable collector (what
timetables are there to collect now?), I remember looking at the EL
commuter ones and thinking "umm, lights to indicate which train went
where?"  Neat idea.  Better than trying to read destination signs in the dark.

Thanks for resurrecting another forgotten tidbit.

Dale