(erielack) FW: lookin for info on old railroaders...

Hmm... can anyone help Dan?

- -----Original Message-----
From: Dan Byrnes [mailto:danbyrnes_@_redshift.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 12:10 AM
To: paultup_@_optonline.net
Subject: lookin for info on old railroaders...

I was born and raised in Morristown.  I recall walking the tracks as a
child in the
1950s.  We always were "concerned" that a train may come while we were
on the
bridge over the river....  It was a long time ago.
My family come from a line of railroaders.  Most were on the DL&W and
later the
EL.  I have a picture of my grandfather standing on a camelback that he
was the
engineer on about 1925.    I worked as a fireman on the EL around 1970..
I am attempting to do my family tree.
I have a relative named Marshall Hixson.  He died in 1911.  His obit was
in the
Jerseyman and it said he was a fireman on a train that fell down an
enbankment
three years earlier (about 1908) and the engineer was killed.  He was
promoted to
engineer after that accident. (Jerseyman, Feb 3, 1911)
My grandfather was engineer from about 1915 until 1939 when he died.  My
father
worked from 1935 to 1975 as a ticket agent (Newark and South Orange for
the
last 25 years).  His brothers were flagmen and dispatchers.
Joe Byrnes, Frank Byrnes, Bobby Byrnes, "Pete" Byrnes and others...
I am seeking information on that accident I mentioned and anything that
could be
related to my family and the railroad.  They are all from Morris Plains.
I live in Seaside, California so getting information has been difficult.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!     Thanks     Dan Byrnes

danbyrnes_@_redshift.com

Dan Byrnes
1046 Lorenzo Court
Seaside, CA  93955