Re: (erielack) On-topic? Trains to run on vegetable oil?!? :)

Schuyler wrote "Imagine the aroma"

Dear Schuyler,

You are correct.  Some say the exhaust smells like McDonalds, others Dunkin
Donuts:)
We also measured significanlly less air toxins in the exhaust of
biodiesel--reduced by 78 percent or so.
Back to the aroma.  DEQ/UofIdaho and the National Park Service (who provided
the bears) did a "bear attractant test" before using biodiesel in Yellowstone
to determine if it would bring in bears.  (That would be all we need, tour
buses followed by bears!) Bears, we discovered, are smarter than we think.
They did not connect the scent with food (since it was just oil or oil
exhaust), and left it and the vehicles alone.  Diesel, however, got them
agitated.  The safe way to report it was "biodiesel was no more an attractant
to bears than conventional diesel fuel."
H Haines