Re: Is the Erie east of Bingo next? Re: (erielack) NS Buffalo LineChanges

Rights over CP Binghamton-Scranton would be the logical answer, and the only
practical answer. I suppose one could put together a Waverly-Scranton
routing involving the ex-LV and the DL&W Bloomsburg line, but that's not
really practical-it's roundabout, and those tracks are in rough shape. I was
thinking more along the lines of NYSW from Bingo to Little Ferry-we ARE
trying to keep the Erie open east of Binghamton!! But it would depend on
your ultimate destination in the north or central Jersey area. I agree it is
interesting and encouraging to see the DLW come back to life. Perhaps the EL
was just 40 years ahead of its time!!

Tom B

> I was thinking the same thing! It's the new Millenium version of the
"Alphabet Route": G&W-WNY&P-NYS&W-GVT-M&E!

> No one has yet answered how traffic will get from Scranton to Bingo,
though. Trackage rights over CP?

> When one sits back and looks at all that is happening today with the
existing DL&W and Erie lines, it's still pretty impressive (particularly the
DL&W side)