Re: (erielack) Coal trains to Portland cement

Great info, Jim. Thanks!

A couple of notes and questions...

Lafarge in Whitehall has been part of the plan floated for R J Corman to
restore the LV mainline, has that ever gotten past the pipe dream stage?
Also, I missed the industry SIG tour of Lafarge, but I understand used tires
are part of their current process. I can't remember what the tires are used
for.

At the Northampton site, does NDC still use the eclectic mix of Baldwins and
Alcos they had in the mid 1990's?

Don't parts of Alpha still stand at Martin's Creek?

Which plant in t he Coplay area did they make the museum out of? It was one
of the older "ruins?"

I have spent only about 5% of the time roaming the cement belt as I have the
anthracite regions (since I went to college in Scranton). Seems to me that
much like the coal regions, the cement belt is littered with out buildings,
row and other goodies for those with the time and a keen eye.

I really enjoy the DL&W and LNE ghosts in the region.

And there's plenty of Yeungling to end a good day chasing ghosts!  ;-)

Rob