(erielack) Road Foreman of Engines

A recent "Diamond" issue had a photo of Mr. Purcell Frisbee, whose title
was Road Foreman of Engines on the Erie Susquehanna Division.  What
did/does that title mean?  Why is it "Road Foreman of Engines" and not
"Road Foreman of Engineers"?  Is/was it a common term.  In reading through
the F.R.A. engineer certification regulations, I can't find that term, so I
assume that a Road Foreman was a D.S.L.E., along with other duties.  What
duties did these people perform for the Erie?

Thanks.

Ken B.

- ---