RE: (erielack) Preservation efforts, was: EL SDP45 sold to Museum ....

	Many people inquired to get CN to donate that loco to
a museum, myself included. I also tried to get IRM to
possibly put in a bid for it. But considering they
couldn't get 5000.00 out of people to get the original
EMD SD45 test bed locomotive ( with original prototype
dash two elictronics) from Paducah , KY. They weren't
even going to try and go after it with big money. And
I didn't have 16,000 in pocket change even if it was a
really good price for it and I have the resources to
fix it but no place to store it.Myself, I only have a
mild curiousity in it for the sake of seening an EL
piece saved.

	It was not due to lack of caring but lack of cubic
dollars , organization & time to raise those dollars.
ELDCPS formed a group,organized and focused on a
singular goal and is achieving what it's mission is,
and that never happened with the SD45.As for Ross the
wake of investors, backers and money sources has been
many and a suitible discussion for somewhere else. As
for the unit in question someone ponied up a very
reasonable price for a fixable unit , hopefully it was
the museum at Spooner,Wi ,if not we have another
chance to get ready for the next unit available or
that same one once it is finished, as long as it isn't
parted out and scrapped.

Rich Young