Re: (erielack) EL SDP45 sold to Museum....

SGL,

Am I getting bitter or just more realistic in age? Pursuing donation is a
most noble and first-line goal. After that, when the auction lots are
announced, it is time to pass the hat.

Any "bickering" on my part was merely pointing out that nobody organized to
pass the hat.

I also don't understand your secrecy hocus-pocus. It's pretty noble to go
after a donation. Even a failed attempt is a good one!

When the VRS put the death notice out on a slew of Rutland equipment last
year, the RRHS passed the hat and put money where the proverbial mouth is.
The FEBT guys are doing it now.

There's no crime in people NOT going after the SDP45.

Really.

Even John Ashcroft won't put people in the chair for that.

My original point was just to not bemoan the fate of an engine that nobody
organized an effort to go after at auction.

No harm, no foul.

Now, who knows if the $165 million Big Game winner from Clifton is an EL
fan?

;-)

Rob
- --