Re: (erielack) EL SDP45 sold to Museum....

> I also don't understand your secrecy hocus-pocus. It's pretty noble to go
> after a donation. Even a failed attempt is a good one!

It's simply not my place to announce to the world that the "Hoyt's Corners
Railway Museum" tried but didn't come up with the scratch to get it done.
If those organizations want to tell you, or anybody, they can, but I won't
be one to break confidences.  I knew of the attempts, I assisted as I was
able to, and it didn't happen.  I just wanted to let people know that it's
not like there were NO attempts by people interested in the EL heritage of
that unit.  There were, they didn't come to pass.

(BTW, there IS a "Hoyt's Corners" in NYS somewhere, I think, but there
isn't, to the best of my knowledge, any "Railway Museum" there . . . )

Now, could we find out who really DID buy the unit?

SGL