(erielack) odd, but Special Request

Joseph D. Fisher wrote, in planning an unusual marriage,.....

>>The idea is to get MARRIED right in the waiting room of Hoboken
Terminal. Then proceed to our track were a "special train" would be
waiting for us to wisk us away to Belmar, on the North Jersey Coast
Lines.

>>Sounds Crazy, right? Gets better.......<<

Except for the dining car, I'll bet the major elements of your fantasy ar=
doable.  NJ Transit might very well let you do your wedding in Hoboken
Terminal.  I remember an event when they closed the entire terminal and
turned it into a dining room for an event.

The Morristown & Erie Railway (prohibited content, but I'll be brief) has=

trackage rights on the North Jersey Coast line and much experience at
setting up special events, as well as access to a considerable fleet of
passenger equipment. (973) 267-4300.  You could use their locomotives, or=

it could very well be possible to arrange for the CNYNRHS chapter's DL&W
E-'8's, especially if you happened to schedule the wedding near Sept. 30,=

when the E-'8's may very well be back in Hoboken.  (Don't think they have=

cab signals, though.)  (The Erie E-8's are in Whippany but also lack cab
signals.)  MN could very well be willing to lease you one or both of its
Phoebe Snow observations.

And, since you live in Mountain View, you might want to use my car
(shameless plug) Mountain View, an observation car which resides in
Whippany, NJ.

Your idea certainly isn't crazy, is probably doable, and just might not
bust a $10,000 budget by an astronomical amount.

Dave Ross
Cliffside Park, NJ (USA)