(erielack) property

What companies and other related stuff did the EL own before Derecco and
the liquidation? Too bad they didn't buy major stock in telecom and high
tech when it was cheap. In the book " Wreck of the Penn Central ", NYC
and Pennsy had major real estate in Manhattan and other spots that
survived the bancrupcy.
What do any of ya'll suppose the price difference would have to be to
buy fuel off line and shipped to engine facilities? The UP and BN ( and
predecessors ) tried fuel tenders for long hauls and I remember in a
Trains article that they dropped them not too long ago. The engine
frames were lengthened  over the years for hood space. EMD lengthened
the -2 frames so the SD45-2 wouldn't be smashed on a little frame and
the 50's and latter was for the D/B could be mounted some where else
besides over the prime mover because of over heating failure. I bet that
a SD40 could have made a round trip from Marion-Chicago-NYC-Marion on
one tank; didn't the U33C's make it? EZ