Re: (erielack) New Erie F-unit in HO scale...

Paul:  You have opened a regular pandora's box.  This issue has been
hashed out heavily in some of the modeling lists.  IMHO The
Athearn/Highliner is the better choice.  Obviously the Athearn has an
advantage  simply because they can produce virtually any phase. The
Genesis lends itself to de skirting, thus revealing the properly
contoured fuel tank. You are correct about the handrails.  The IM are a
bit on the thick side and Athearn's are almost too fine.  The IM has a
somewhat large classification light.  Overall the Genesis is a much more
labor intensive model to build, So hats off to them for keeping the
price in line with other products.  Mark