(erielack) FW: EL Thread dated 7-12-02

Here's something that might be of interest to list members...

    - Paul

- -----Original Message-----
From: Jeff [mailto:jeffpam_@_citlink.net]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 6:06 PM
To: paultup_@_lucent.com
Subject: Fw: EL Thread dated 7-12-02

I was hired as a block operator in August, 1973 due to the fact that the Delaware Division was being single tracked.   The open train order offices at  that time were "BD" Tower in Binghamton,  Deposit, and Callicoon.    The westbound track was kept between  "DH"  East Binghamton and "SR" Susquehanna.   It was double track between "SR" over the hill at Gulf Summit to "MX" Deposit.   The westbound track was kept between "MX" and "RD" Lordville.   It was double track to Port Jervis from that point until October 1973 when the eastbound track was taken out from "UB" Long Eddy to "NO" Nobody's,  which closed the Callicoon office (except for the agent) and opened Narrowsburg 24 hrs.   Sometime in 1974 (forgotten when) the westbound track was taken between "SB" Narrowsburg and "SA" Shohola and "PG" Parker's Glen and "WX" Sparrowbush,  which opened a train order office at Port Jervis.   I worked with Gene Baker a lot of the time.   He was gentleman of the first order.   If there are!
 any other questions I can answer,  please feel free to e-mail me.   My address is jeffpam_@_citlink.net <mailto:jeffpam@citlink.net> .                                                              Jeff Hulse