RE: (erielack) Transfer Cabooses and Locomotives

From: "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com>

>Alan Samostie asked:

> First, how many cabooses of this type were on the Erie
and
> DL&W rosters?
> (I missed that, if it was included in the previous
messages).

>Zilch for both. The Erie had some cupola-less wood hacks,
>but were these "transfer" hacks?

The Erie had a number of cupola-less cabooses that were
used on Wyoming Division mine turns out of Avoca yard. Some
had the large Erie diamond on their sides, and appear to
have been rebuilt out of an earlier series of cars that had
an "X" metal brace on their sides and reproduced in HO by
Lambert.

Vince

=====
Modelling the Erie Wyoming Divison and the Erie
28th Street Terminal in New York City

Northeast Railfanning Photos-http://leesome1226.tripod.com/