(erielack) O&W F3's on the Erie

While working on an ABBA set of NYO&W FT's for a friend tonight, I read in
Paul Lubliners O&W book that the Erie purchased F3's 821 & 822 from the
defunct O&W in late 1957.  821 became 714A. I was wondering if that unit was
repainted into Erie colors right away, or did it run around for awhile in
O&W colors.  I model  a portion of the Erie in 1957 so I think it would be
neat to justify an O&W F3 in Northwestern Pa. Also can anyone nail down
"late 1957" a little better, hopefully to a month.
Thanks

Brian J Carlson
Cheektowaga NY