RE: (erielack) O&W F3's on the Erie

> While working on an ABBA set of NYO&W FT's for a friend
> tonight, I read in
> Paul Lubliners O&W book that the Erie purchased F3's 821 &
> 822 from the
> defunct O&W in late 1957.  821 became 714A. I was wondering
> if that unit was
> repainted into Erie colors right away, or did it run around
> for awhile in
> O&W colors.  I model  a portion of the Erie in 1957 so I
> think it would be
> neat to justify an O&W F3 in Northwestern Pa. Also can anyone
> nail down
> "late 1957" a little better, hopefully to a month.
> Thanks

The O&W F3's were repainted almost immediately, so alas, it's not an accurate scenario. However, that DOESN'T prohibit you from using modeler's license here.... I guess because the F3's were "newer technology" than their FT's, these sold immediately, while the FT's didn't sell at all.

Also, you can get some Stewart FT's painted in O&W and store them in a Croxton Yard model, as they languished there well into the EL era before being scrapped... :)

	- Paul