Re: (erielack) EL DIamond...(copyright problem examples)

Most of the copyright stuff used in modeling is overlooked by the owners but
there are a couple of exceptions.  Notably, for the circus modeling crowd
there are no current Ringling Bros. models or decals available.  There are no
Coca-Cola models available that are not under license.  The UPS models that
(I think) Walthers puts out don't say UPS although they look an awful lot
like "The Truck."  And finally, have you noticed that Microscale decals for
Tidewater (Flying A) service stations are no longer available and that
LifeLike disavows any knowledge of the 10,000 tank cars the made with
Tidewater reporting marks? Turns out that Texaco owns the copyright.  Seen
any Texaco stuff lately?

Note too that LifeLike also won't talk about the Sinclair 10K tanks either.
I checked the web site to see if they ever made any factory assembled
versions or either of these.  I have the four road numbers they put out in
kit form of each and none of them are there, so I called the 800 number to
ask about them.  They didn't seem to know what I was asking about!

If it wasn't for lawyers we wouldn't need lawyers - B. Franklin

Regards,

Bob
ELHS 3117
NMRA 116615