Re: (erielack) FW: ELHS Convention & Doings

- --- lallman_@_mail.altelco.net wrote:
> Would it be possible to reach Post Jervis from Penn Station by a NJT
> Midtown Direct train?

Not yet; it's a long walk from Dover.   (booooo....)

Allied Jct is supposed to open LATE this year, then you'll be able to
change in the meadows for the Erie-side trains.

You'll have to take the PATH to Hoboken for now.

> How far is Matamoras from Port Jervis?

Just across the Delaware River, past the Flo-Jean restaurant.  However, I
don't know how far the convention hotel is; it's two miles or so from the
station to the I-84 interchange where the hotel could be.

> Is there a taxi available in Port Jervis?

I expect so, but don't hold me to it.  It would be worthwhile to do an
internet directory search for "Port Jervis" + taxi.

=====
Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey