(erielack) EL name and logo.

To all listers,

After ELDCPS acquired EL Diner 741, we decided it would be wise to contact a
Senior high official at NS who is an acquaintance of one of our Directors,
concerning the use of "Erie Lackawanna" on the letterboard of the car.

This person informed us that he thought the EL name and logo were still owned
by NS, but wasn't absolutely positive. He was also reluctant to start asking
about it, as that might raise a "red flag". In regard to painting and
lettering the car, he recommended that we "just do it," but keep a "low
profile" about it.

I must emphasize, that it is important for us at ELDCPS and our future plans,
to have a good relationship with NS.

Keep in mind, that their are still freight cars in the general freight car
system still carrying the EL logo, name, and in a few cases, EL reporting
marks. Which of course, when the EL name and number are read over an AEI
scanner, it reverts to NS. Diner 741 will be lettered "Erie Lackawanna," but
ELDCPS owns the equipment, not NS. Of course, their may be other equipment
acquisitions that we, or other ELDCPS members are contemplating. However, we
need to be somewhat conservative.

I would say that anyone wishing to COMMERCIALLY use the EL Railroad or
Railway name and logo, may be on shaky ground, and could attract the
attention of NS.

Let us all be responsible, and carefully consider if any ones actions will
"upset the apple cart."

John Boehner, VP
ELDCPS