RE: (erielack) EL name and logo.

Hey John, I just can't see any connection between NS and Erie-Lackawanna. Reporting marks included!

For years there were New M&StL hopper cars rolling around! The Minneapolis and St Louis sold the rail assets to Chicago and North Western in 1960 for 40 million dollars, changed their name to M&StL Industries and went into other businesses.  C&NW only got the reporting marks (& rail assets) not the company.  I saw these new M&StL cars in the 1980's!

When I bought my private sleeping car in 1973 from the Kansas City Southern, I wanted to restore it to KCS lettering and colors. An offical from the wonderful KCS told me to just put in very, very tiny letters on the name board "Former."  From any kind of distance, you'd never see it! And KCS is still in business!  I didn't use it, because Amtrak required for a short time that any cars used on their trains be in Amtrak colors! (they're still in business, too!) Additionally, the Amtrak Arrow on private cars had to be done slightly differently from the official logo. After 10 or 15 thousand dollars my car had a Amtrak paint job. KCS fans complained. I told them it was only paint. The car was sold to Mexico in the 1980's, and I believe now scrapped.  I called it Camelot......Lance (Launcelot)

P.S.  Go for less...Go K-C-S!

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop_@_Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/