(erielack) Sad EL story & funny Tri-Rail

Walt Smith wrote........

> I was just wrapping up a couple EL trainsheets to send out when I ran
across
>a couple sheets of paper in the closet with them. they were the trainoff
>orders for #s 5 & 6which I sent with the sheets & a badly faded consist
sheet
>for # 15 from Scranton to the following offices as
>follows.......................................Scranton, Pa 5-8-69

>TEM CD
>GWK MJF YA
>FRG QD
>EJR V

Walt,

CD was the Cleveland office and I believe TEM to have been T.E.McGinnis or
McKinnis, can't remember which spelling or what his position was. YA was the
Youngstown terminal building. Before I started in the towers, I worked a
short stint in the Marion monitors (GN) office and we handled all the
teletype messages so quite a few of the identifiers stuck in my mind.

Rich Tubbs, in Marion, OH