(erielack) O&W Revenue Equipment

  The final disposition of the NYO&W motive power has been discussed here,
but what about the fate of the Revenue equipment? What was really left on
the property (that was worth anything) and did Erie or NYS&W acquire any of
the Boxcars, Hoppers or other rolling stock? Including MOW equipment for
that matter. I know some O&W snowplows found new homes in the area.
   I am sure by 1957 the O&W had shed itself of most of it's dormant
equipment. I have never seen a photo of an O&W steel boxcar! Did they even
own one? What kind of NYO&W  rolling stock would you spot in an Erie freight
consist say 1950's era?
   It must of come as quite a shock to see a large system like the O&W
disappear in the middle of the web of active railroads. It was the first of
many to fall, it's still going on as we type!

Todd-