(erielack) O&W Revenue Cars

In all my years of "train watching" around the Scranton area from about 1940
on I never saw any O&W cars on any other railroad. They may have interchanged
hopper cars but I never saw any on the DL&W, Erie, or D&H.

In the summer of 1950 I worked as a helper on A&P trucks that went to Roscoe,
Liberty, etc. Allt he passign siding were full of hopper cars, many with
rusted out side panels and other deterioration. I believe that most of the O&
W hopper car fleet was bought second hand, particularly from the PRR.

Never saw an O&W box car but then a gain I only got to the yard at Mayfield
once in a while.

Chuck Yungkurth
Boulder CO