(erielack) NKP engine 759 at Binghamton - June 1970

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the following URL into your web browser and click/select the index or matching subject link.

http://www.railfan.net/lists/mplist.cgi?erielack-photo

759_at_Binghamton.jpg (image/jpeg, 188755 bytes)

I was working a yard job on the Erie side when the 759 arrived with about 14
or 15 cars, She's on the ERIE W/B track at the East end of the ERIE yard.
This is how it might have looked in Binghamton if the much-wanted NKP - DL&W
merger went thru.
   I'm not sure if it was this trrip or another, but one of these engines
laid overnite at the DL&W passenger station. I was working the passenger
drill & when we tied up for lunch, I spent my 30 minutes in the cab talking
with the guys who were keeping her alive overnight. When I was a kid, I hung
around the LVRR roundhouse at Coxton & later the PRR roundhouse at
Wilkes-Barre. Nothing like drying out ur rainy jacket on the backhead of the
boiler of a PRR 2-8-0 or 2-8-2.
      When I got off in the morning, I hung around & took a fiew pix of the
guys greasing & servicing the eng prior to departure. I'll see if I can find
those pix too.