Re: (erielack) Another CR question(2)

I started college in Kent, Ohio in the summer of '76 - at that time, CR was
running many of the Alco's from all of the predecessor roads in Ohio (due to
possibly less Clean Air restrictions in Ohio vs. eastern states(?)) and
generally in coal service (at least from what I observed on the ex-PRR C&P line
between Cleveland and Mingo Jct.).

There was also a number of leased units on the property by 3rd/4th Q of '76
(due mostly to the poor condition of PC units which were literally dying on the
road e en masse), as I photographed CN big Alco's on the C&P in coal service,
and BAR GP's at Brier Hill yard in Youngstown.

Although the only place I had seen/photographed EL F's in service back east
when I was living there were the Northumberland-Syracuse trains, some of the EL
F7's made it back out west after 4/1/76, as I shot an e/b TV98 that came into
the yard at Kent, OH (which remained a crew change point for several more
years) with 3 F7's (2 PC + 1 EL trailing).  Also photographed a few at Collinwood
Shop in Cleveland (my uncle was Master Electrician there).  PC F-units for
the most part seem to stay in/around the Cleveland area, including Whiskey
Island, and also in ore service too...

Rich Behrendt
ELHS #384